Habits

Everybody has habits, like brushing your teeth, taking a shower, and sleeping. For the past month and a half I have had a new habit, planking. A plank is when you go into a push-up position and stay there for a period of time. My Language Arts class started out at 30 seconds, but each week we advanced 15 seconds and on our final week, we were at 2:15. My record was 7:49 which I got in our plank competition. Planking was a good habit because it helped me get stronger, and actually less stressful.

Another one of my habits is sit-ups. I do 15 sit-ups every morning and then the next month I increase the amount by 10. I started this back in July and now I’m at 65 sit-ups every morning! I decided to start this habit because I wanted to get a good workout every morning.

The new habit I am starting is doing pushups every day. I am going to start at 5 every morning and then each week advance by 5. This will be a challenge for me to keep track of my sit-ups and push-ups every day, but I will somehow manage.

Post navigation